Gary's new website

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Heavy metal poisoning

What is...heavy metal toxicity? Heavy metal toxicity is the buildup of metals in the body. Many of the heavy metals, such as copper, zinc, iron, and manganese are actually critical parts of healthy body function, but only in small amounts. When they begin to build up in the system, however -- particularly along with other, more dangerous heavy metal elements like lead, mercury, aluminum, etc. -- they can literally poison the body. If they're left untreated, heavy metal buildup and toxicity can result in impaired mental and central nervous function, lower energy levels, and damage to blood composition, lungs, kidneys, liver, and other vital organs. Long-term exposure may result in slowly progressing physical, muscular, and neurological degenerative processes that mimic Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, muscular dystrophy, and multiple sclerosis.

If you think there is the possibility of heavy metal poisoning, then the first step is to find out for sure and this is by undertaking a Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (htma). This will show with scientific accuracy any heavy metal poisoning and it will go one step further and indicate if there is any interference with trace metals in your cells.

Once you have your htma results, we discuss the findings and recommendations and what can be done to correct any imbalances. If there is excess heavy metal or other toxins in your body then it is a matter of taking a few dietary substances that help to chelate out the heavy metals. These nutritional substances work by rendering insoluble heavy metals more soluble so that they can be removed from the tissues, into the blood where it goes to the liver where it is processed for elimination vier the kidneys.

No comments: