Funny isn't it that the more we learn about health and nutrition the more we realise how right Granny was with her cod liver oil, her beef broths and even her Epsom salt baths!
It was only after I discovered that I was seriously depleted of magnesium, the consquence of many years of hard physical exertion and emotional stress, that I have begun to realise the powerful influence of minerals on our health and well-being. Magnesium comes at the top of the list of minerals that show measureable health benefits for most people.
It therefore came as no surprise that Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) baths and compresses are making a comeback and for good reason: There really are numerous health benefits! So, I have added Epsom salts to the growing range of products. Here is the link to the product page.
I have copied below the promotional blurb for the salts that is selling for just $5 per Kilo!
Studies show the benefits from the major components of Epsom Salt may:
- Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Help muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
- Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Make insulin more effective
- Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Improve oxygen use
- Flush toxins
- Improve absorption of nutrients
- Help form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins
- Help prevent or ease migraine headaches
Magnesium - the key component of Epsom Salt -- performs more functions in more systems of the human body than virtually any other mineral, including regulating the activity of more than 325 enzymes.
Studies show that magnesium is:
- An electrolyte, helping to ensure proper muscle, nerve and enzyme function.
- Critical to the proper use of calcium in cells.
- An aid in helping to prevent heart disease and strokes by lowering blood pressure, protecting the elasticity of arteries, preventing blood clots and reducing the risk of sudden heart attack deaths.
Medical research also indicates that magnesium may:
- Increase the effectiveness of insulin, helping to lower the risk or severity of diabetes.
- Reduce inflammation and relieves pain, making it a beneficial in the treatment of sore muscles, bronchial asthma, migraine headaches and fibromyalgia.
Although magnesium can be absorbed through the digestive tract, many foods, drugs and medical conditions can interfere with the effectiveness of this deliver method. Therefore, soaking in an Epsom Salt bath is one of the most effective means of making the magnesium your body needs readily available.
Epsom Salt also delivers sulfates, which medical research indicates are needed for the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins and the mucin proteins that line the walls of the digestive tract. Studies show that sulfates also stimulate the pancreas to generate digestive enzymes and help to detoxify the body's residue of medicines and environmental contaminants. Studies indicate that sulfates are difficult to absorb from food, but are readily absorbed through the skin.