Please try to use only organicaly raised free range animals that have had a happy life, roaming the hills and paddocks. Avoid factory farmed, grain-fed animals that have probably also been dosed with all kinds of chemicals including antibiotics, insecticides and growth promoters. These animals will also be low in vtiamin D due to lack of exposure to sunlight and vitamin A deficient.
- head, neck, feet and wingtips of 1 chicken, giblets from 1 chicken or meaty bones from beef or lamb - or a mix of all of these if you like.
- 1/4 cup vinegar (The acid in the vinegar helps leach out the minerals in the bones as well as adding flavour)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 sticks celery, chopped
- Several sprigs parsley and fresh thyme, tied together
- Clean cold water
The resulting stock can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen in smaller containers for later use.
Use as a highly nutritious source of minerals, protein and vitamins in all your cooking such as in stir frys, soups and gravys.
Post a Comment