Gary: Here's an event worth doing. We (Gordon, Bruce and I) did it last year and an intend doing it this year. Great atmosphere, wonderful community support and a challenging course.
11 Chinook Cres
The organising committee for the 2010 Snowy Hydro Upper Murray Challenge invites you to the magnificent Upper Murray for this year’s event, to be held on Saturday the 2nd of October.
The unfortunate demise of another community run event (The Mars Challenge) highlights the fact that these events don't continue forever. Don't put it off for another year! Bring your mates.
Entries NOW OPEN Click Here
Key information for 2010:
- Event Information Session on 25/7 in Melbourne (see website for details)
- Paddle Training on Yarra River on 5/9 and King River on 12/9 (see website for details)
- A FREE course familarisation and training weekend on the 14th and 15th August (ideal for first time competitors, and those unsure of their training progress).
- Pre-event ‘welcome’ dinner between 6 and 8pm at the Khancoban Country Club on Friday evening 1st October. Pre-book with your race entry. Avoid the take-away's, renew acquaintances, kick your feet up after the long drive and enjoy a healthy feed with fellow competitor's. Bookings are essential.
- Any entrant that attracts 10 new entrants (individual or relay team) will not pay their own entry fee. The new entrants can not have previously started a SHUMC.
- Encourage your support crew or friends to try one leg of the event and enter a ‘single discipline’ race. Check website for details.
- Check out our website at www.uppermurraychallenge.com.
au for all you need to know.
All the best with your training and competing over the next few months and I look forward to seeing you in October.
About this websiteThe advice in these articles is given freely without promise or obligation. Its all about giving you and your family the tools and information to take control of your health and fitness. Please give me your support by subscribing to my free email updates. Please shop at my Online Store. Please encourage your family and friends to do the same. While we may not always be able to compete with the big operators on price, we aim to more than compensate through personal service!
Post a Comment