|Start 'em young!|
up as fat,
Cholesterol-lowering statins are responsible for destroying health, causing Alzheimer's"What this all means for statin drugs, which mainstream medicine has ridiculously dubbed 'miracle drugs,' is that their cholesterol inhibiting properties can cause serious health problems down the road. By interfering with the liver's natural function of producing cholesterol, statin drugs can actually strip the body of much-needed cholesterol, and cause serious nervous system and cognitive damage.
The key to promoting healthy cholesterol levels in the body is not to take synthetic drugs, but rather to achieve vibrant health through proper diet and exercise, which includes a diet rich in healthy saturated fats and, yes, even cholesterol.
"Saturated fat and cholesterol in the diet are not the cause of coronary heart disease," says Dr. George V. Mann, M.D., professor of Medicine and Biochemistry at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee. "That myth is the greatest scientific deception of this century, perhaps of any century."
Here's the article: http://www.naturalnews.com/036258_cholesterol_brain_repair_Alzheimers.html
I have written many articles about this confused topic over the years. Here is one of my more recent ones: http://blog.garymoller.com/2012/03/evidence-grows-that-cholesterol.html
What are the main causes of cardiovascular disease?
There are several, all of which are intertwined. High cholesterol should be towards the bottom of the list, if on it at all:
- Chronic inflammation due to chronic infection, poor liver function, stress, lack of anti-oxidants in the diet.
- Excess calcium in the diet leading to hardening of the arteries.
- Lack of other minerals such as magnesium, zinc and chromium.
- Diet high in refined carbohydrates and damaged fats and oils.
- Vitamin D deficiency.
- Stress, stress and more stress - adrenal fatigue!
- Insufficient regular exercise, although I am of the opinion that exercise is over-rated for cardio-protection. One does not have to thrash the body in order to be healthy - gentle does it!
- High cholesterol due to metabolic disturbances and poor diet - the solution is to correct the underlying causes and not to try to suppress cholesterol through the use of chemicals and extreme diets.