There is not even one death from vitamins over the last 28 years.  We are a nation of sick, undernourished, and overmedicated people. Half the population is on prescription drugs.  Pharmaceuticals, taken as directed, kill over 100,000 per year just in the US.  Antibiotics cause 700,000 emergency room visits per year, just in the US.  Modern drug-and-cut medicine is at least the third leading cause of death in the USA. Some estimates place medicine as the number one cause of death.  Over 1.5 million Americans are injured every year by drug errors in hospitals, doctors' offices, and nursing homes.  If in a hospital, a patient can expect at least one medication error every single day. 
Vitamins are not the problem; they are the solution. Taking supplemental B-vitamins, vitamin E and vitamin D each individually reduces lung cancer by 50%. [4-7] Vitamin C stops cancer more effectively than chemotherapy. [8-10] HIV-positive persons taking vitamins are 50% less likely to develop AIDS.  And if they do, AIDS patients taking supplements have a 27% lower death rate. 
1. No Deaths from Vitamins: America's Largest Database Confirms Supplement Safety.http://orthomolecular.
2. Way Too Many Prescriptions http://
3. How to Make People Believe Any Anti-Vitamin Scarehttp://orthomolecular.
4. Vitamins Decrease Lung Cancer Risk by 50%http://orthomolecular.org/
5. Vitamin E Prevents Lung Cancer http://orthomolecular.
6. Vitamin B6 Reduces Colon Cancer http://orthomolecular.
7. Vitamin D Stops Cancer; Cuts Risk In Halfhttp://orthomolecular.org/
8. Vitamin C Slows Cancer Down and, Doctors Say, Can Reverse It as Wellhttp://orthomolecular.org/
9. Intravenous Vitamin C as Cancer Therapy: Free Access to Twenty-One Expert Video Lectures Onlinehttp://orthomolecular.
10. High-Dose Vitamin C Therapy Proven Effectivehttp://
11. Nutritional Supplements Fight AIDS http://www.
For further reading:
Doctors Say Vitamins are Safe and Effective.http://
Resources on Nutritional Therapeutics: Orthomolecular, Online . . . and Free of Chargehttp://orthomolecular.
How Doctors Use (Or Should Use) Vitamin Therapyhttp://orthomolecular.
Nutritional Medicine is Orthomolecular Medicine
Orthomolecular medicine uses safe, effective nutritional therapy to fight illness. For more information: http://www.