For blood pressure do the following:If you are currently being treated for high blood pressure, please discuss this with your health care provider before making any changes, thanks.
- Do a brisk walk each morning, including weekends before breakfast
- Do other exercise like swimming, tennis and yoga as well as the walks
- Do one very long walk up to three hours once a week, like a trail hike, taking in only water for sustenance (You might need to gradually build up to this one)
- Take one Chrometate tablet with breakfast and another with dinner
- Coenzyme Q-10
- Have one dessert spoon of flaxseed oil with breakfast, lunch and dinner. You could add a few fish oil with vitamin E capsules as well as a beneficial extra.
Monitor blood pressure first thing in the mornings and later in the day at the same time daily.
- Reduce or eliminate all refined flours and grains. Replace with wholemeal grains and oatmeal and give preference for starches like Kumara and other root crops.
- Little or no refined sugar, including honey and sweets
- Reduce dairy intake
- Use flaxseed oil as an alternative spread to butter
- Reduce animal fats
- Eat fresh nuts daily
- Eat fresh fish twice a week
- Eliminate margarines and all oils that contain trans fatty acids (read the labels carefully)
- Have several daily servings of fresh fruit and leafy vegetable, carrots, celery etc
- Find something to laugh about each day
- Smile and say "hello" to at least one stranger each day